In case you didn't know....your local, neighborhood Walmarts have an awesome foundation set up for licenced charities and public schools across the nation. If you would like to be considered for a cash, or other item donations, the process is relatively simple and takes only a minimal amount of time. Limited funds are available for public school donations, so you want to try and get your application in at the beginning of the school year, or as close as possible to the start of the school year. Here are the steps you need to take to apply for a donation.
1. Get permission first (if this is for a school donation) from your public school. School policys on donations vary, so you want to make sure you are following their guidelines for this. (talk to a principle)
2. Go to Wal-Mart and request a donation application at the customer service desk located at the front of the store.
3. Fill out the application. Do not leave any blank or incomplete information.
4. Write a cover letter to go along with the application explaining what the donations would be for and what kind of donations would be appreciated.
5. Show cover letter and application to the principle for approval or any changes that need to be made.
6. Mail both cover letter and application to the address listed on the application.
7.Wait for a confirmation letter on the status of your application. If you have not heard anything back with 2-3 weeks time contact the customers service desk or Walmarts corporate office to see whether your application was accepted or denied. (You want to make sure you wait for your confirmation letter of the donation from Walmart before purchasing anything from the store.)
8. Be sure to send a thank you card to Walmart thanking them for their generous donation and participation.
Alot of other stores do this as well, so check around and ask....it never hurts to ask and your local community might really benefit!